Early care of children’s teeth means healthy teeth for life
Children – just like adults – should be seen by a dentist twice a year so your dentist can detect and correct problems early. And by establishing a pattern of regular treatment and quick attention to small problems before they expand, you and your dentist can ensure a lifetime of good oral health for your children.
Tooth decay in children often leads to pain and infection, sometimes requiring the tooth to be extracted. By regularly treating teeth – for example, sealing permanent molars with a special coating soon after they erupt to prevent tooth decay from developing and by applying fluoride to the teeth for added protection – you are investing in your child’s smile for life.
Master care’s pediatric specialists are trained in the latest techniques for children, who can be treated under sedation or general anesthesia if necessary to assure their comfort during their visit to the dentist. And our friendly administrative staffs are skilled at easing the concerns of the youngest patient.
Treatment options for your child’s teeth
Master care provides a wide variety of choices for your child’s teeth, including:
- Fillings – replacing decayed teeth with filling material.
- Sealants – Permanent molars should be fissure sealed with a special coating to prevent tooth decay.
- Fluorides – applied to teeth for added protection.
- Pulp treatment – in cases where decay has invaded the pulp, your dentist will need to perform a root canal treatment to save the tooth.
- Crowns – Master care offers high grade crowns for children.
- Sedation and general anesthesia – for young patients with extreme anxiety about visiting the dentist, Master care offers a range of anesthesia options.
- Radiographs (x-rays) – these show your dentist if decay is developing between the teeth as well as indicating if there is any infection in the bone.